Monday, February 6, 2012

the voice.

What a big (understatement) night for TV last night.  First I got to see the Giants win (!!) and basically lose my voice in the process due to all the screaming, then I got to watch the premiere of what has become a favorite reality show of mine – The Voice.  I watched and loved the first season last year and had been really looking forward to last night since I found out that it was premiering after the Super Bowl.

The reason I love this show so much is actually really simple: the coaches.  Not only do I love them, but I love that fact that they are coaches and not critics.  They are there to help, not to make fun, and to guide and provide support.  Which creates for a very nice, happy atmosphere that I can feel through the television.  Don't get me wrong, I love American Idol too.  And I do believe that AI is better at creating stars than The Voice is but I also tend to get very, very angry and very, very frustrated while watching American Idol.  Mostly because of comments that the judges say - and this does not happen when I watch The Voice.  I just end up laughing and enjoying good music, which I appreciate.

Continuing on with the coaches, I love all four of them.  I hope that they stay on for at least a few more seasons.  They have really nice chemistry, are pretty funny most of the time, great coaches, and are very talented themselves.  Adam Levine deserves a mention just strictly on his face (congratulations on that, buddy) but my personal favorite is Blake Shelton.  I don't think it'd be outlandish of me to say that he was the breakout star of the first season.  I'm a huge fan of country music so I had heard of him prior to the show, but never really paid him much attention.  That 100% changed within the first 15 minutes of the first episode.  He is HILARIOUS.  But what really got me is just how much he cared about his team.  Beyond the show, beyond what the producers created, you could tell he truly cared about those people (in particular Dia & Xenia).  I loved seeming him guide them, pump them up, and then make his funny comments.  Basically I just love him!

I really urge everybody to watch this awesome show - it's airing tonight at 8pm EST on NBC - although looking at the numbers from last night, it looks like mostly everybody is already watching.

Leaving you with one of the greatest captures I've ever seen in my life. . .


xx Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment