Saturday, February 11, 2012

saturday baking.

I'm thinking that Saturday's are going to be food days here.  Every Saturday I'm either going to talk about a favorite recipe of mine...a favorite food of mine...or most likely a favorite food blog of mine, like I did last week.  Today is actually going to be a combination of a few of those, because I'm gonna link y'all to a few recipes for a certain holiday that is on Tuesday, Valentine's Day.

I love baking.  It's arguably my absolute favorite thing to do in the world.  I also am a lover of pink, it's possibly my second favorite thing in the world.  A good half of everything in my life is pink.  A holiday which celebrates pink, red, & baking (can you tell I'm single & ignoring the actual reason for the holiday)?  Sign me up!  I'm planning on making a few things for Valentine's Day, so I've spent the last few days poking around the Internet looking for recipes that I deemed adorable yet doable (apparently professors do not share my love of Valentine's Day, because I have 2 papers and a borderline in-san amount of reading to do for this week).  It was super hard to narrow them down, but here's a few that caught my attention. . .

* pictures are from the websites linked below! be sure to click!

Pots de Creme from The Pioneer Woman
Heart Cinnamon Rolls from Cake & Allie
New York Style Chocolate Cheesecake from Emeril
Lofthouse Style Soft Sugar Cookies from Two Peas And Their Pod
Heart Cake from i am baker (this one is just for fun! no way I could pull this off)
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes from Brandielle via The Pioneer Woman

I've personally made the lava cakes about 15 to 20 times before and can attest to not only their awesomeness but their easiness as well, I swear anyone can make them!  Also, how precious are those heart shaped cinnamon rolls?  Such a cute idea.

Happy Valentine's Day baking!

xx Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment