Wednesday, February 8, 2012

please, stop crying. i can't handle it.

I'm currently eating a grilled chicken salad and watching a show on HGTV called My First Place with one of my roommates/best friends.  The title of this post is a quote from her, as she's getting angry at the girl on the screen because she keeps crying ever other minute while she's buying this house.  And I'm sitting here laughing at her, eating a salad, and being really jealous of the girl on the TV show who is getting a pretty nice house for under $200,000 in Texas.  Couldn't even dream of finding anything like that for that price her in NJ.  So jelly!

We watch a lot of HGTV in this apartment - I really, really love decorating.  In fact, the most exciting part of moving into my current off-campus apartment was the fact that I/we got to decorate it.  And decorate it exactly how we wanted to.  It came out so lovely, I'll share pictures some time soon!

I find that I get a lot of my inspiration for decorating from the web, there's just so many different places to see examples of gorgeous homes and have that little creativity seed sparked.  Now the biggest place that I find inspiration is Pinterest.  I am literally SO in love with this site I think I could puke or die.  It's basically a virtual cork board, you "pin" things that you love onto it.  You can pin basically anything at all - and I do.  Not just home decor, but food & recipes (my food board is perhaps my biggest), fashion, nature, etc. Literally anything you want!

And not only can you pin things, but you follow other people on Pinterest so that you can "repin" their ideas onto your board.  This is where you can find a lot of inspiration, seeing what other people love.  That's my favorite part of this social media site - it's a bunch of pretty, cute, funny things all in one place!  I've seen so many cute ideas for home decorating and fashion that I can't even explain.  It's also great for recipe sharing.  Since I visit so many food blogs daily, I already felt like I was getting my fill of recipes, but alas I was not!  Pinterest has introduced me to so much more.

I really think y'all should get one.  It's so much fun and the possibilities of things to pin are endless.  When you make an account, be sure to follow me, I'm fullheartss.  Got the name from a favorite little show of mine - Friday Night Lights.  Perhaps I'll speak of that obsession in the near future. :)

xx Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment